CMC-KUHNKE is committed to servicing the equipment it sells and maintaining it in the field with maximum up time. The following outlines the service policy for the Inspection units and peripheral products.
CMC-KUHNKE warrants that the equipment sold is for the specific purpose as stated in CMC-KUHNKE published literature. The customer is strongly encouraged to submit samples to CMC-KUHNKE for testing, and to attend a demonstration of the equipment to ascertain first-hand its suitability for the intended purpose. If samples are not submitted to CMC-KUHNKE for testing prior to product shipment, then CMC-KUHNKE makes no warranty that the goods covered by this contract are fit for any particular purpose, and the Customer is solely liable for the goods.
For new systems, the warranty period is one year from date of shipment.
CMC-KUHNKE will repair or replace (at its option) any goods covered by this agreement which have been deemed defective at no charge to the customer. All service will be performed at no charge to the customer for labor or materials required as a result of component failure, defects in manufacture, or software. Not included in this agreement are wear parts, mirrors, prisms, bearings, bushings, cutting blades, cutting wheels, and/or saw blades. All service is to be provided at the CMC-KUHNKE factory in Albany, New York, USA, or in Berlin, Germany, unless CMC-KUHNKE feels the service can be performed more effectively or economically in a different manner. Alternate methods of providing service include, via modem for software issues or on-site. When on-site service is required, CMC-KUHNKE is only responsible for the portion of the time spent actually repairing the problem. All travel time and expenses incurred are the responsibility of the customer.
While the factory will use its best efforts to resolve problems on an immediate basis, the customer is advised that the warranty covers service during normal business hours of the factory.
All service is subject to the availability of persons with the appropriate expertise and the number of service calls being handled at any particular moment.
CMC-KUHNKE HAS MADE NO WARRANTY THAT THE GOODS COVERED BY THIS CONTRACT ARE MERCHANTABLE OR FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GOODS CONTAINED IN THIS CONTRACT. CMC-KUHNKE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AS TO THE SAFETY OR THE CONDITION OF THE MACHINERY IN WHICH THE GOODS ARE INTENDED TO BE INSTALLED. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OWNER OR USER TO MAINTAIN THE MACHINERY IN A SAFE CONDITION AND TO COMPLY WITH LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL SAFETY REGULATIONS.
CMC-KUHNKE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS, GOODWILL, DATA, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, NOR FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF PURPOSE, DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS AGREEEMENT.
Each customer places their order and accepts the equipment subject to their agreement to the above and the following:
- Customer will educate its personnel in the proper use and care of computers, Microsoft Windows operating systems, and test instruments.
- It is the customer's responsibility to open the package and inspect the items upon delivery. Packages that appear to be damaged should be immediately reported to the freight carrier. Damage due to shipping is the sole responsibility of the freight carrier. All claims are to be made by the customer directly with the carrier. Shipping carriers will not honor late claims.
- On parts or components shipped to CMC-KUHNKE, customer will call in advance to arrange for a returned goods authorization number and will label all packages with this number. All items authorized for return must be carefully packaged in its original carton including all packing material. Items must be returned in its unused condition for proper credit. Shipping charges are non refundable. Refused merchandise at time of delivery may incur return freight charges in addition to the applicable restocking fee.
- The customer assumes responsibility for shipping charges to CMC-KUHNKE. CMC-KUHNKE will absorb surface freight charges in returning parts or components to customer. If customer prefers return by air express, then customer must accept cost for return service on a collect basis. Customers outside North America are responsible for return freight and related costs in all instances.
- Customers requesting software service via Internet may be required to purchase the necessary hardware and software (per CMC-KUHNKE specifications) to make such communications possible and must arrange for the appropriate telecommunications line.
- Customers requesting on-site service will be responsible for paying all expenses related to the trip, as well as, a per-diem or hourly rate, which ever is lower, for travel time. As of January 1, 2002, all travel time is charged at $50 per hour or $500 per day. CMC-KUHNKE will handle all necessary travel arrangements.
- When requested to do so by CMC-KUHNKE, the customer will contact the service provider for the CPU, monitor or other component provided by CMC-KUHNKE, but covered under a separate warranty. Depending on customer’s proximity to an authorized service provider, the level of service will vary, being either on-site or drop-off. Customer assumes all responsibility for such arrangements.
- If CMC-KUHNKE, or the authorized service provider, determines that the damage or fault was the result of intentional or unintentional improper use, tampering, unauthorized alterations, adjustments, irresponsible use or subjecting the system to inappropriate environments, lack of protection from electrical surges or other negative influences; all costs for repair and transport will be borne by the customer.
Returns do not apply to any services rendered, made to order items, items of special size, non-stocking items, cutting wheels, saw blades, mirrors, prisms, or wear parts. All authorized returns are subject to a mandatory 20% restocking fee. After receipt and satisfactory evaluation of the returned product, a merchandise credit will be issued.
All items must be returned at Customer's expense and in resalable condition for proper credit.
Absolutely no returns will be accepted after 30 days.
Cancellations not received in writing within five (5) days of receipt of order are subject to a mandatory 20% restocking fee.