Faster and Safer with No Product Spoilage
The SEAMscan XTS is the non-destructive solution for double seam inspection. The gauge performs both cross sectional measurements and a 360° tightness scan.
Measurements include: Seam Height, Body Hook, Cover Hook, Overlap, Seam Gap, % Body Hook Butting, % Wrinkle 360 Scan for Wrinkles: %Tightness and Amplitude.
360° Tightness Scan
100% of the Double Seam is inspected for Cover Hook Wrinkle and dimensional measurements are collected while preserving the can for sale or further testing. The XTS achieves this while still utilizing a method directly comparable to FDA accepted visual double seam measurement.
No More Double Seam Teardowns
For the first time, operators no longer need to tear down can seams in order to see Cover Hook wrinkles. The SEAMscan XTS automatically scans 100% of the Cover Hook for wrinkles, measures, and reports an objective Seam Tightness value.
Results may be displayed as standard % Tightness, and/or in new ways like % Primary Sealing Area and Average % Tightness. By performing a virtual teardown, we can actually see how the Body Hook and Cover Hook interact with each other, and new never- before-possible comparisons may be made.
- Faster and Safer than conventional cross-sectional methods
- 360° Tightness Scan
- No Product Spoilage
- Operator Independent
- World Class R&R
- High Quality German Engineering
- Localized Technical Support Teams
- Automatic Door with Inspection Window
- Automatic Wrinkle Identification and % Calculation
- Automatic Weld-Seam Exclusion
- Automatic Dimple Detection
- Automatic Tab Detection
- Excellent X-Ray- Shielding (TÜV Rheinland tested to < 0.1 mSv per year)